Tuesday, July 31, 2012

★Tokyo Disney Jamboree!★

So I didn't call this blog Japisney for nothing! It's supposed to be a blog about my adventures in Japan and Disney! Well....I finally got to the Disney part :3 Well, at least the Tokyo Disney part of my adventure!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This weekend was one of the most magical times of my life!!! I'm 21 years old and Disney doesn't cease to bring sparkles and rainbows into my life!!

My friend Maiko and I decided to go to Tokyo Disneyland on Saturday. Unfortunately, I didn't get a super amount of sleep from the past few nights. So with only three hours of sleep from Friday night, I happily skipped onto Tokyo Disney at around 6 am on Saturday morning. Even so, I was so excited that the lack of sleep didnt faze me at all! hahahaha!

I found the train stop to Disney no problem! It was about a 35 minute commute which wasn't bad at all! It actually didn't hit me that I was going to Disney until I stepped out of the train and heard one of my favorite jingles playing on the train.

"Zippidee do daa! Zippidee day!"

When I heard that, my heart started beating like crazy!! I actually almost got a little teary eyed when I heard the music just from being overwhelmed with happiness! XD But I'm a sap like that....

However, once Cinderella's castle came into view, I almost had a heart attack! XD Hahahahha! It was just so pretty! I couldn't contain my excitement!!

I was so happy once I found Maiko!! We bought our tickets (only $100 for a two day pass! Thats SOOOO cheap compared to Florida ticket prices!) We hopped in line and waited for the park to open as we chatted away about how excited we were <3





Right when we got into the park, we saw Mickey Mouse from afar!! He was taking pictures with other people so we didnt get a chance to get a picture with him....but it was so nice seeing him ^__^

I have to admit! The Tokyo Disneyland park was BEAUTIFUL! I was really taken back! It was a lot different than the one back in Florida! It had a lot of the same rides that we have but it had a few that we don't ;) It was definitely an experience!!

I had heard rumors about how crowded Tokyo Disney is to the point where lines are horrible and you have to wait FOREVER to ride anything. Well, right off the bat Maiko and I went to grab some Fast Passes so we could ride the more popular rides with out having to wait in line. We grabbed a pass for Thunder Mountain first before heading to ride some of the smaller rides.

We started out riding Peter Pan's Flight. Thats always been one of my favorites since I adore Peter Pan! It was so cool riding it and listening to the Japanese audio <3 Ride wise, it was about the same as the one in America :) Next, we rode Snow White's Adventures. Now this ride was COMPLETELY different than the one in Walt Disney World! However, it still freaked me out.... Hahahaha! I remember being petrified of this ride as a kid! I remember I closed my eyes on the ride every single time I rode it until I was in high school and I rode it with Ricey when we went on my 18th birthday! But...even though Im 21, I still got unnerved riding it when the animatronic witch got up in my face and when the gator logs came right up to the cart! hahahaha! However, the japanese ride doesn't have a happy ending where Snow White gets kissed by the prince. Instead the ride ends with the witch trying to throw the boulder on you! hahaha! I was surprised!

After Snow White, we rode Pinnochio's Daring Journey! This is a ride we don't have in America!! It's like the Snow White and Peter Pan ride but you get to travel through the world of Pinnochio! ^_^ It was really cute and kinda cool! Until Monstro showed up and scared the nibblets outta me...

"It's A Small World" came after Pinocchio! And then Maiko and I saw Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder! ^____^ They were so perfect! It was funny because they were Americans! hahahah!
We then rode Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion! ^__^ It was so much fun! The Haunted Mansion was very similar to the one in Walt Disney World! Only a few minor changes like the bride in the attic and stuff...

Oh! But Tokyo Disney had a Rodger Rabbit ride!! I was so excited!! I'm a big fan of Jessica Rabbit so I was very excited to ride this!!
It was a very fun ride with a lot of twists and turns!! I really loved the layout of it! We had to wait in line for it for awhile but it was definitely worth it!! Oh, but before Rodger Rabbit, Maiko and I met Goofy and Pluto (GOOBY PLZ!) and got our picture taken with them!! I was so excited!! I love Disney characters <3

Splash Mountain came next--one of my favorite Disney classic rides!! All the songs were in Japanese but it was still so cool hearing Briar Rabbit sing my favorite tunes in Nihongo! <3 Of course, the ride made me very nervous since I hate big drops! It didn't help that the ride was messing up a little too and all the logs were jamming up together....Luckily, they stopped jamming them as people went down the slope....that could have been dangerous >_<;;;

I started feeling a little sick after Splash Mountain because I was getting really hungry....The Stich icecream cone I had had earlier just didn't satisfy my tummy! hahahaha! We ate in Tomorrow Land where we had yummy burgers! ^_^ It was so lovely!  Oh, and we got to meet Angel (Stitch's girlfriend) inside Tomorrow Land! She was so cute! <3

We grabbed a Fast Pass for Space Mountain and then tried to find the Monster's Inc. show! Unfortunately the Monsters Inc. comedy show was temporarily closed so we couldn't ride it....We did, however, head to Pirates of the Caribbean ;D Along the way, we happened to see a bunch of pirates performing on the street with trumpets and drums! It was so much fun! <3

The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was similar yet different compared to Disney World's. The entrance was a bit different but once you got down into the ride, it was rather identical. The audio was completely in English and it made me VERY nostalgic XD I loved seeing Jack Sparrow's animatronic though! He looks so life-like! <3 hee hee!












After Pirates, I got to take a picture by the man I look up to most--Walt Disney!

After that, it was time for a good ole' Philhar Magic show ;D  Philhar Magic is basically a 3D movie experience about Donald visiting different Disney worlds through Mickey's hat. There's something about this show that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! Probably because it plays songs from top favorite Disney movies-- Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Peter Pan, and of course, the Little Mermaid!! I actually got a little teary eyed while watching it because I got moved so much ^__^;;; Yep. I'm a sap. I'm not going to be working for Disney for nothing XD hahahahaha!

After Philhar Magic, Maiko and I got to take a tour of the Cinderella castle and got to see a lot of Cinderella goodies! We got a lot of cute pictures and even got to see some beautiful Cinderella paintings! It was so beautiful! <3 I wonder if I'll ever have a fairy tale ending like Cinderella? ♪ヽ( ⌒o⌒)人(⌒-⌒ )v ♪

 After the castle tour, we got to see a fantastic parade! ^___^ It was SOOOO cool!! There were so many floats!! But my camera was running low on battery so I couldn't film the entire thing.... But I think Maiko got some good pictures and videos of the parade so Ill have those to keep later ^__^











After the parade, we got to meet Snow White and the mice from Cinderella ^_^ We got some super kawaii pictures!! Oh, but Snow White didn't know Japanese and a bunch of Japanese people bombarded her, wanting pictures and autographs so we didn't get to talk to her for very long! I still wish I was princess at Disney World...

The rest of the day went by pretty fast.... We got to re-ride some other dies and I even went on Space Mountain (which was a first for me!) I was super nervous about riding it since I'm not a huge fan of roller coasters....but once I did, I was super happy! ^_^ It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! Like, there weren't many drops and stuff hahahaha!

At some point, we just kept re-riding rides and even went into Minnie's House! ^_^ The crowds really weren't all that bad! I remember my host mom said that the last time she went and took the kids, they only got to ride three rides.... At the end of the day, Maiko and I rode about 17 XD hahahaha! No lie! It was so amazing!! I got to ride everything I wanted to! ^_^

We ended the day with watching the electric light parade and then watching the dance show at the Cinderella castle. The light parade was spectacular (of course <3) and I even got to see some of my favorite characters!
The show at the castle was a lot of fun, too! But it was more of a water show then a fireworks show....Maiko and I got SOAKED XD They kept shooting out water and drenched the crowd! It was a very different show then the one they normally have in Disney World but I was very happy!!

The day officially ended once we rode Pooh's Honey Hunt--yet another ride we don't have in America. It was one of my favorite's and it was a lot of fun! You got to ride in a honey jar and explore the world of Winnie the Pooh! So cute <3


So in short, my day at Tokyo Disneyland with Maiko was a PERFECT day!! We were there from opening until closing! Hahahaha! We walked around for 13 hours! We got to do and see so much! It was definitely a day that I'll never forget!!

Im sorry if I kind of bored you all just talking about the rides and the play-by-play of everything....This blog that I wrote tonight was mostly for me to read in a few years from now when I want to remember all that happened at Tokyo Disney. Not many people can say they've been to Tokyo Disney and I eventually plan to visit EVERY single disney park in the whole world!! ^_^

Its about 1 am right now so I'll write about Tokyo Disney Sea tomorrow ;D Once again, I'm sorry if you got bored reading about all of this.....I promise I wont make my next blogs after Disney be a complete play-by-play! I'll even touch this one up later to not make it so boring for everyone! hahahaha!

Until next time....<3

No comments:

Post a Comment