Sunday, August 5, 2012

★o☆Tokyo Disney Sea★o☆



I made an entire blog post dedicated to my adventure in Tokyo Disney Land so now its time to write about Disney Sea! :D

For those of you that don't know, Disney Sea is a park that's only in Tokyo and its more of an adult-oriented theme park. The rides are more thrilling and the layout is more fancy than Tokyo Disneyland. It sorta made me think of Epcot but it was very unique!

I went with Maiko and Ko and we had the most absolute best time ever! <3 Maiko and I bought matching Minnie Mouse shirts that we changed into while we waited for Ko to get there! ^_^

The day started off great! Got to meet Goofy, Chip, and Dale right off the bat! And then we headed to Mermaid Lagoon--a part of Disney Sea that was dedicated entirely to The Little Mermaid! For those of you that don't know......The Little Mermaid is my favorite movie. By far. It beats out everything. I've seen it a million times. ITS MY FAVORITE!!!!!!! So for them to have an entire section of Disney Sea dedicated to Triton's Kingdom, I'm sure you can guess that I flipped out <3

It was decorated like it was under the ocean and it was filled with The Little Mermaid themed rides! The rides were mostly kiddy rides so we didn't ride anything in Mermaid Lagoon other than the roller coaster in the shape of a fish XD We did, however, get to see a performance called Under the Sea! Naturally, it was about Ariel's adventures!! It was the COOLEST show ever! It was the Little Mermaid but with trapeze artists!! Ariel was sooooo beautiful! All of the dialogue was in Japanese so I could only understand bits and pieces but all of the songs were in English ahahahaha. From what I understood, Ariel wanted to be a human (duh) and then Ursula shows up out of nowhere. Ursula wasn't a person but a GIANT robotic head that came out from the ceiling. The robot talked and sang and it was pretty freaking scary!! You could hear kids and babies crying hahahahaha! Unfortunately, I couldnt get any pictures because there was a rule about photography during the performance.... Well, according to the story, Ariel is about to sign Ursula's contact and then decides at the last minute that she doesn't want to give into Ursula and that being under the sea isn't so bad?? hahahaha! So they all sang Under the Sea and that was that! hahahaha! It was pretty neat though!

After the show, we played in Ariel's Playground where you got to walk through a little area that was supposed to represent the places Ariel went to. Like, they had Eric's ship and Ursula's cave. It was really cool!

After Mermaid Lagoon, we went to a part of Disney Sea that represented my second favorite Disney movie--Aladdin! Arabian Coast looked identical to Agrabah and it was SO cool!



At Arabian Coast, we rode Sinbad's Voyage or something like that.... It was a ride like "It's A Small World" but it told the tale of Sinbad and his crazy adventures. The music on the ride was actually really good XD I'm probably going to download the songs from the ride later! Like "Compass of Your Heart" hahahaha! It was a really cute ride!!

Let's see.....what happened next?? Oh yeah! After Sinbad, Ko and Maiko somehow convinced me to try out the Tower of Terror ^_^;;;; I'm a total wimp when it comes to big rides so I REALLY didn't want to ride it at first.... The fast passes were full up for Tower of Terror so we decided we would wait in line for an hour to ride it. That is, until the ride broke hahahaha! So we waited in line for maybe 45 minutes and then the people said to come back later. They gave us each a Priority Fast Pass ticket for any ride in the park (except Toy Story Mania ;A;) so we figured we would come back to Tower of Terror later <3 I was saved for the time being! hahahaha!

But then we realized it was time for Journey to the Center of the Earth--the biggest ride at the park.... I'll be honest. At first, I did NOT want to ride that ride at all. I mean, come on! It's a huge roller coaster!! Roller coasters are my LEAST favorite thing! But I gave into Ko and Maiko anyways.....Well, why not? They were both going and I wasnt going to wait outside alone! hahahaha!! Luckily, we had grabbed a Fast Pass for it earlier so we just hopped right in line!


But yeah, like I said I was REALLY scared at first! You ride in this little drill looking cart (A DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!!! or not hahaha! Sorry! Gurren Lagann reference!) and you....well, travel to the center of the Earth. Its really dark inside and there's all kinds of creatures. The ride starts out slow so you can get a good view of all the weird beings living in the center of the Earth. By this time, Maiko and I were flipping out. Well, you continue through the Earth's core and then BOOM! There's a giant monster alien thing that's freaking 20 feet tall and its roaring at you and getting up in your face! I totally screamed! The next thing you know, the ride speeds up and you're flying through a roller coaster. I screamed the whole time because I was anticipating a HUGE drop! But by the time it registered to me that I was rocketing through the tracks, the ride was over.... It was too quick!! XD It actually wasn't as scary as I thought! The drop was child's play ;P I had freaked out over nothing! (Even though I screamed the whole time...hahaha!) But you know what? It was a BLAST!! Definitely one of my favorite rides!!

After Journey to the Center of the Earth, we went back to Arabian Coast where we enjoyed some good ole Curry <3

We had a lot of time to kill before our next Fast Pass ride so we chilled and ate curry! ^_^ After curry, we walked around for a little while and even met the birds from the Three Caballeros!

And then it was doom time...We decided to try the Tower of Terror again because it was working. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN! I had never ridden Tower of Terror--even back in Florida! I was either too young or too afraid.... Well, we goofed around in line waiting. Even made some fun memories as I stole Ko's phone and took derpy pictures of myself on it! Hahahaha! I was sooooo nervous about riding the ride that goofing around with Maiko and Ko helped ease my nerves! (Like I said--I'm a scaredy cat!)


It turns out, the Tower of Terror isn't as horrible as I thought <3 (Once again!) I always thought the Tower of Terror was just one REALLY giant free fall! It turns out, it's about six or seven smaller drops going up and down. Oh, don't get me wrong--it definitely gave me butterflies in my stomach!! But I was screaming and laughing at the same time!! Ahahahaha! Tower of Terror was my favorite ride BY FAR!!! It was greeeeeat! <3 I'm so glad I did it!!!

After Tower of Terror, we did a ride called Storm Rider which was a storm motion simulator ride. My dad would have loved to go on that! It felt so real and was a little intense at some parts! hahaha! After Storm Rider, it was icecream! ^_^ And then after icecream, 2000 Leagues Under the Sea. I believe 2000 Leagues used to be in California's Disney Land but they had it in Disney Sea. It made you feel like you were in a submarine going under water and exploring the bottoms of the ocean. I was a complete idiot and asked Ko if we were really under water.... His response was "No comment". There were animatronic creatures and all kinds of cool statues and even a giant squid! It was a very detailed ride! Hahahaha! And totally NOT underwater....hahahaha!

By that point in the day, my feet were KILLING me! I kept needed to sit down and rest hahahaha! But I had walked all day Saturday at Disney Land and then did it again at Disney sea....my poor feet couldn't take much more hahaha. We went to the Magic Lamp Theatre next which was an Aladdin themed performance. I somewhat understood it despite it being COMPLETELY in Nihongo! I was pretty proud of myself!! I'm getting better at Japanese, maybe??

In Disney Sea, they also have Jasmine's Magic Carpet Ride which is kinda like the Dumbo ride but you ride on magic carpets. Just like in Disney World <3 It was so pretty riding at night!

After Jasmine's Magic Carpet Ride, we hurried to find a spot to watch the Fantasmic parade! This parade was actually on the water! We got a pretty good view of it and I even got some amazing pictures and video!! It was so beautiful!! It was all about how imagination is your biggest tool but imagination can sometimes get you into trouble! For example, Maleficent turned into a giant dragon that shot out flames! It was such a sight! I never cease to be amazed over Disney's creative innovations. It was so spectacular!




Just because the performance ended didn't mean the night was over yet! We still had our Fast Passes for the Indiana Jones ride so we did that next! It was a really fun ride that let you ride around in a jeep-like-coaster thing through Indiana Jones's world. You got to see dungeons, caves, and even almost get rolled over by a giant stone! hahaha! It was really cool! It was definitely a bumpy ride!

We were going to ride a roller coaster called Raging Spirits next....but I was feeling a bit sick... So I had to bail out on that one ^_^;; Instead, we decided to go shopping before the park closed! We went back to Mermaid Lagoon and I bought a few souvenirs to take back with me <3

Overall, Disney Sea was a complete BLAST!!! We got to ride soooo many rides and see so much!! The park was beautiful and I definitely had the time of my life! Ko and Maiko really are two of my closest friends so I'm glad I got to spend that day with them! We made so many fun memories and got to joke around with each other!

I'll be writing another blog very soon about what's happened since Disneyland and Disney Sea! I hope you all didn't get too bored reading about my adventures.... I'm mostly writing this blog so I can remember the very important details about how awesome my experience in Japan has been.

With only two weeks, let's see what else Japan can offer me!





No comments:

Post a Comment