Saturday, August 11, 2012

☆Arigatou☆

With only 6 days left, I wanted to dedicate this blog post to the people who made my trip the adventure that it was. I want to thank each and every one of you for impacting my life in some way. I made a huge list of the people that I felt that I owed a token of gratitude for! None of the names are going to be in any particular order and if I accidentally forget some one important, I'll be sure to add their name at a later date ;)

So....here we go!

  • To Brenna, who started this journey with me and saw it with me to the very end! For all those times we laughed together and created a special bond with each other! I'm so glad you don't live far away! For becoming my new best friend!
  • To my wonderful host family, who went out of their way to make sure I had the most comfortable living experience while in Japan. For opening up your home to me and always showering me with kindness! Our time together was short but I couldn't have asked for a better host family! Okaa-san and Otou-san, I really enjoyed our conversations and thank you so much for taking me places! Ririka, you made me laugh with your fun personality and I know you're going to become a beautiful young lady one day! Taiga, you are the sweetest boy on this Earth and I loved playing with you all those times! YOU ARE THE GREATEST HOST FAMILY EVER!
  • To Ko, who was always one of my closest Japanese friends. For taking me to Akihabara for the first time and for having a blast with Maiko and I at Tokyo Disney! 
  • To Maiko, who I already miss more than anything! For giving me one of the most magical weekends of my entire life! Disney was a blast and I'm glad I got to share those special moments with you! I can't wait to see you again!
  • To Sodany, who quickly became one of my best girlfriends! For all those times we would hang out during and after school, chatting about boys and the like~~<3 For overall just being a fantastic friend!
  • To Kitty, who is by far my favorite manga artist in the making! For making me laugh so hard that my sides hurt and for all those shopping dates! Your bright, cheerful personality always brought a smile to my face!
  • To Adrian, whose witty remarks and quirky personality always kept me smiling! For all those times we just simply hung out and exchanged funny stories! And for doing cosplay purikura with me! Let's meet up in Chattanooga real soon!
  • To Lee, who became some one really special to me since the beginning. For all those times we explored Tokyo together and made lots of great memories! I'll never forget the fun times we had together and I thank you especially for going out of your way to make sure I had the greatest birthday ever.
  • To Nia, who really knew how to have a fun time. For showing me what the Tokyo nightlife was like and for showing me how to just let loose and have fun! 
  • To Marc, who always seemed to know how to cheer me up. For listening to me rant and rave about stupid people and for making me laugh until I had tears coming out of my eyes! 
  • To Rose, who loves anime more than any single person I have ever met. For watching pigeons do crazy things in the park!
  • To Brandon, who was a big help to all of us KCP newbies. For all those times you put yourself out while looking out for our best interest! For helping me get a phone and even just having fun all those times we got to hang out!
  • To Fausto, who had one of the most funny personalities I have ever met! For making me laugh at the funny noises you would make during class and for your witty humor! 
  • To Beatriz, who I recently started becoming good friends with despite us being in the same class since the beginning. For having a great time with me at Casa Blanca and of course, the Izakaya! 
  • To Kato-sensei, one of the most kindhearted teachers at KCP! For going out of your way to help me get better at Japanese. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have made the high scores on my recent quizzes! Thanks for believing in me!
  • To Konno-sensei, KCP's most beautiful teacher (hahaha). For being such a great teacher and making class light and fun! Don't worry too much about marriage--you're too good for all the losers who broke your heart! Don't stop being an amazing, beautiful teacher!
  • To Sarah, who complimented me on days that I just felt horrible about myself. For making sweet comments about the way I was dressed which would brighten my day! You're way too kind!
  • To Emi, who was the first Japanese friend I had ever met. For spending an evening with me catching up with each other since I hadn't seen you in years! It was so great hanging out with you, Ming, and Kaori!
  • To Sake-Sake Guy, who insisted I drink sake with him and was very persistent. For providing me with a hilarious story and inside jokes between my friends and I!
  • To Kouji and Kenshou, who were awesome friends of Brenna! For going to the Sky Tree and dancing in the elevator on the way down! For making jokes with me at the Italian restraunt and for overall being awesome!
  • To Takahiro, who's real name I'll probably never know. For hanging out with me one night and dealing with a crazy RYUUGAKUSEI from Alabama. 
  • To Chris from Tampa, who I don't even know.....Um....No. =__=;
  • To the chikan, who copped a feel one day on my way to school. For severely making things uncomfortable but for providing me with a funny story...............Please don't ever molest another girl again, you sicko.
  • To Jun-chan, who I recently just met. For making me feel laugh really hard at Jamunji 55 and karaoke! You're such a funny person so I appreciate the fun and crazy memories!
  • To Abe-chan, who helped keep Jun-chan in line. For having a great time with Kitty and I!
  • To Miyazaki and that other guy I don't remember. For giving Kitty and I a free meal just for talking with you!
  • To Mister Donut, who literally carries the best donuts I have ever had in my entire life. For making me feel not-so-forever-alone as I sat in your cafe, stuffing donuts in my face while Gotye taunted me over the radio :l
  • To the awesome Koreans in my class, who are extremely kind. For asking whats on my mind and actually caring about things like that despite us hardly ever talking. I'm glad I amuse you!
  • To Sumire and Rena, who I only met once at an Izakaya at. For being extremely sweet and for hanging out with Brenna and I!! 
  • To Ricey, who is all the way back home in Alabama but never fails to be apart of my life. For giving me advice where I needed it most and for always being there for me, even though I'm a million miles away
  • To Analee, who is also all the way back in Alabama but never fails to make me smile. For sending me funny stuff and making me laugh out loud in the middle of class because I randomly thought of something that you showed me. For making me smile when no one else could!
  • To Destiny and Gina, two very different friends from very different places but who also spammed me with love during my time away. For being the crazy derps that you are <3
  • To the people who work at the train stations, who always helped me (even thought it was in fact your job....). For giving me directions all those millions of times I got lost! 
  • To Yuri and Arisa, who I just met the other night! For being the absolute cutest girls ever and for talking with Kitty and I for a very long time! You were so much fun chatting with and your English was really amazing! I hope you can come to America and meet those cute boys that you dream about ;)
  • To Ean, Jack, Alex, Omar, who are all awesome people. For having a great time with me at the Izakaya those times! hahahaha! (Oh, and for Alex's story about him talking to a girl about apple juice. Makes me laugh!)
  • To the other KCP students I have mingled with, who I am glad to have been at the same school with. For all those times we got to share experiences with each other
  • To Colby, who told me about KCP in the first place. For always being such a great friend! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't even know about KCP and how wonderful it really is.
  • To C.J., who has always been a huge part of my life no matter where I am and no matter what happens. For putting up with me as I stepped out into the big girl world. For not giving up on me and supporting me through all my crazy decisions. I may be away from you for 6 months but I know time will fly by... For simply just supporting me through everything since we all know I'm the biggest derp the world has ever seen.  
  • To mom, who made this entire trip possible. For pushing me to apply to study abroad and for helping me get the money that I needed in order to do so. For encouraging to do my best and for just letting me sit and chat on Skype whenever I needed some one to talk to. Oh, and for giving me life, of course....can't forget that.  
TO EVERYOBODY,
 THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE FANTASTIC MEMORIES!!! Every single person on this list and simply awesome and I will never forget all the fun times. I only have six days left in Japan but I have memories that I can carry with me forever. Sure, not all the times were good. With every adventure comes stress, exhaustion, and even heartbreak. But this has definitely been the adventure of a lifetime and I really love all of you.... New friends, old friends--you're all amazing. 

So I dedicate this blog post to all of you, thanking you for all you guys have done for me! ^_^ Japan was amazing because of YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment