Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Only 9 Days???

Where did Japan go?? Why did time seem to go by so slow at first and then now it feels like it's flown with the blink of an eye?? It feels like I just arrived in Japan only yesterday....Do I really only have a little over a week left??

I decided I wanted to dedicate this blog post to random fun memories that I've had with my friends in Japan. It's the memories that last the longest so I wanted at least one blog post filled with random happy memories that make me giggle whenever I decide to look back on it <3

A lot of these random drabbles won't be in any particular order. I'm just writing down what comes to mind first <3
~~~~~

  • When Brenna and I almost missed our first flight because we thought it didn't depart until later and they had to call us over the intercom LOL
  • Getting stuck in the door of the train on my very first day and having that HUGE bruise on my knee hahahaha
  • Watching Megamind and the Little Mermaid in Japanese with the kids the second I arrived at my host family house hahahaha
  • drinking the Gokuri peach tea for the first time with Brenna and spazzing out over how delicious it was!
  • Seeing the Red Light District for the first time and flipping out. (Wow, and now I've been there at least a hundred times! Wait....I shouldn't say that out loud....)
  • Making derpy faces in Purikura but still looking beautiful Lol
  • Getting lost in Shinjuku for 2 hours trying to find KCP. FAAAAAAAAAIL XD
  • the giant group of elementary school kids waving and saying "Hello" to us Americans in English at Naraijuku. They were so freaking cute!
  • The random people that kept asking for Kitty's picture because she's platinum blonde! hahahaha! <3
  • Making a wish on the random tree thing at Matsumoto Castle
  • Buying a "book" from the conbini with Marc and then watching him buy it from the really old lady hahahaha!
  • Eating sushi for the first time in Japan and having to force down the raw oyster! I was so proud of myself!
  • Seeing all the crazy fish in Tsukiji! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!
  • Praying at a Buddhist temple to Jesus hahahahaha! 
  • Going to Akiba with Ko for the first time and freaking out over all the Persona stuff!
  • My Persona 3 Art Book :'D Ahhhh I will treasure it forever!
  •  My first trip to Harajuku!
  • Sharing an umbrella with Lee during the Harajuku trip and claiming him as my "umbrella buddy"!
  • Going into the Body Line store for the first time!! And buying a maid dress and my Rise wig! AHHHHH <3
  • Getting VERY annoyed at a certain some one who wouldn't quit complaining the entire time during the Shinjuku Tour trip.... (not the happiest of memories but still a memory nonetheless!)
  • Finding the Fairy Tail keychain dispenser for the first time! But then never being able to find it again...
  • My umbrella buddy and I writing an ema together at Harajuku (and both us failing horribly at Japanese! hahahaha!)
  • Table Flipping Game. And the fact Sodany beat all of us out on it!
  • Sodany and I giving Brenna terrible love advice when it came to her boy troubles hahahaha! 
  • Eating crepes. Just crepes in general. Crepes are AMAZING!!!
  • Getting so ticked off during the Aoyama Daigaku trip because I wasn't in the "cool" group hahahahaha!! 
  • Karaoke for the first time with everybody!! I was so nervous singing "Shoujo S" in front of everyone cause I'm terrible at singing but I got soooo into it! hahahaha! Oh...and let's not forget the nomihodai aspect <3
  • The karaoke aftermath. Trying to find KFC. Being unable to walk on my own. Randomly stumbling onto the NANA cafe (in which I never found again T___T) 
  • The random party at my host family's house when I got home from karaoke. Japanese people can drink A LOT
  • The really heartfelt drunken conversation my host dad tried to have with me. "I love you like daughter! You like daughter to me! You happy, I'm happy!" hahahaha!
  • "Sake Sake Guy" XD Omigosh that guy was priceless! "No no no, you sake sake with me!" "No...I'm sorry, I really have to go home..." "NO NO NO! You sake sake with meeeeee! :D" hahahaha! So persistent!
  • Getting groped on the train..... I really hope that old man enjoyed his handful of butt because it certainly put a damper on my day! :l But I gotta admit....it makes a funny story.
  • CAPCOM CAFEEEEEEEE!! Monster Hunter kitties EVERYWHERE! <3 And learning how to say "OBJECTION!" in Japanese! 
  • Goin shopping with my host mom in Ikebukuro and seeing Morning Musume perform! 
  • Realizing just how fat I am compared to tiny, adorable Japanese girls after trying on tons of clothes in Ikebukuro that just wouldn't fit me!
  • My birthday. By far, the best memory I have so far. I wouldn't trade that night for the world! I got to become really close to my new friends and they went out of their way to make that the most special birthday ever! 
  • Receiving my Alice birthday cake at the cafe and nearly crying when I realized just how amazing of friends I really do have. Not to mention, I got to eat it to "Part of Your World"--my favorite Disney song EVER!
  • Derping around at the Izakaya after the Alice cafe. 
  • THE GIANT ROACH AT THE IZAKAYA!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I freaked out and nearly trampled the poor soul sitting next to me! hahahaha!
  • Watching Marc try to win a Yoko figure for the first time and everybody biting their finger nails in suspense! And then Kitty and I cheering once he won! hahaha!
  • Receiving a Yoko figure for my birthday from Marc :'D THANKS MARC!
  • All of those times I would sit in class with my heart beat racing because I was soooo ready to get out of class! hahahaha!
  • Going to the Sky Tree for the first time! The Tokyo skyline was just so beautiful!!!
  • Getting nervous going into the Sky Tree at first but then dancing with Sodany and Kouji as we went down hahahaha!
  • Doing a tanabata tree with my host family!
  • Teaching Ririka and Taiga the fortune telling game with origami that I learned back in elementary school. 
  • Finding out that Taiga wants to be a dry cleaner when he goes up and marry the girl from his class, Haruna-chan <3
  • All those times Taiga and I sat down doing origami. And he was always "Nee, nee, Hana! Asobimashou!"
  • Omg.... When the kids started saying "LETS TAKE A BATH TOGETHER!" and I kept having to decline! ^_^;;;
  • Sushi and Akiba with Lee!! 
  • Mister Donut. 'Nuff said.
  • Going to the country side with my host family and meeting Masae's parents! 
  • Okaa-san and I trying to figure out how to get me in my yukata! hahaha!
  • Going to the festival with my family!!! I felt so pretty in my yukata!!
  • Buying skirts from the mall in the countryside <3 I love them so much!
  • Going to Nikko!! I got to pray at several shrines and wish really hard for stuff! "No regrets and good experiences <3" So far, I've had some really good experiences!! I have a few regrets but maybe that will change before I leave! <3
  • Udon. Udon all the way.
  • Taiiyaki for the first time ^___^ 
  • Getting a Yukiko figure!! :'D MORE PERSONA GOODNESS!
  • My long hilarious conversation with Ricey over Facebook. All of our typos turning into hilarious inside jokes! "Don't pet the gay horse if your haydar is broken!"
  • Ramen shop with a bunch of KCP people <3
  • Ferris Wheel in Kasai <3 That will be a moment I will never forget! I got to see the Disney Castle from above and even got to see the fireworks from it! Once again, the city of Tokyo will never cease to amaze me <3
  • The derpy alligator arcade game! hahahaha!
  • Bumping into Hannah Etchinson in Shibuya. And then bumping into Connor McCarthy at Shinjuku Eki.... What in the world??
  • Getting to see Ming, Emi, and Kaori ^_^ It had been so long since I had seen Emi!! 
  • My giant can of pringles hahahaha
  • Curry Cooking Class!! It was REALLY spicey but I ate it since I contributed to making it =^_^= 
  • Going to the Sky Tree for the second time! The second most memorable night I've had in Japan!
  • THE BEER ADVERTISEMENT GUY!!! He's looking at the can smiling with a very confused look on his face. For some reason, whenever I saw it, I would start laughing!!
  • Shopping day with Kitty and Adrian at Harajuku <3
  • "I wanted to make a dress but I had all these T-shirts!"--laughing for hours at the one weird looking dress with all the shirts sewn to it! hahahaha!
  • "Princess feeling should be able to be tasted at any times if it urges in new clothes"--random Engrish at a store that Kitty, Adrian, and I also laughed at for hours
  • Witnessing two pigeons court each other in the park with Kitty and Rose. I had tears coming out of my eyes from laughing so hard...
  • The store called "A55" Hahahahaha! Too funny, Japan! 
  • The little crafts Ririka and Taiga would leave for me on the table for me to get when I would come home from school
  • The funny faces Kitty made while impersonating random people that have been on commercials hahahaha!
  • The really scary experience I had in my room one night....I was dreaming and then I woke up and I swore there was this fat creature with big eyes and long fingernails sitting next to my bed....I was able to reach out and touch it before it disappeared. I think it was just a VERY lucid dream but I woke up screaming....Omg, on second thought, I think that's a memory I kind of don't want to remember hahaha....
  • All those times I put a lot of effort into looking good for absolutely no reason because I would sweat all of my make up and pretty-ness off by the time I left the house hahahaha!
  • The sign with the pigs from Harajuku. "YEAAAAH!"
  • The inside jokes that came from said sign hahahaha
  • When Adrian was singing karaoke to a song she had never heard before hahahahaha!
  • Watching The Regular Show for the first time in my life.... Lol wut?
  • All those times playing Taiko! 
  • Korean restraunt!!! YUM!
  • Being afraid of staying at the house by myself when my host family was gone because I'm seriously convinced the place is haunted....
  • Deciding that my room is haunted by a 500 year old homosexual hobo named Ned that sometimes interferes with my sound receiver whenever I'm skyping some one back home hahahaha
  • "If my life was a shoujo manga, it would be a tragic tale about a flamingo falling in love with an aardvark. It would involve cheerios, bubblewrap, and sparkles and would be titled "The Laundry Basket." If my life was a shounen manga, it would be a detective story involving lots of explosions and partial nudity. I would call it "Jamal"."Best conversation I ever had with Gina! hahahaha!
  • Udon. LOTS of udon.
  • Singing the Dango Daikazoku song with Brenna!
  • All those times me and my girlies would have an after school snack at the park and have girly conversations <3
  • Meeting Rena and Sumire at the Izakaya with Brenna, Jack, and the others!
  • Alex telling us about his experience with a drunk girl on the train. He only knew basic Japanese but she kept trying to talk to him so their only conversation was about what their favorite juice was LOL!
  • My date with Mister Donut because I'm forever alone. Sad night indeed XD
  • Cosplay purikura with Adriaaaaaaan!
  • Hanging out with Sodany at her dorm!
  • Tokyo Disney adventures <3 Definitely one of the best times I have had in my entire life!
  • Getting to see Maiko in general <3
  • Being able to ride 17 rides with Maiko at Tokyo Disney Land! And also getting pictures with a ton of characters! 
  • "The World is Mine. Oyster."--Lol Ko at Tower of Terror
  • Stealing Ko's phone and taking random derpy pictures as we waited in line for Tower of Terror
  • Freaking out over all the big rides at disney but then finding them to not be as scary as I thought they were <3
  • The days when I used to receive text messages. Those were the daaaaaaays! <3
  • Meeting Hachiko for the first time <3
  • Buying a super cute top in Shibuya with Sodany!
  • Having a blast with Maiko at Harajuku!! We got to shop, eat crepes, and do karaoke!!
  • Singing disney songs at karaoke with Maiko! <3 And the Hare Hare Yukai!! 
  • Karaoke after the Speech Contest with everyone!! Sing ALLLLLL the Disney songs! 
  • When Taiga fell asleep on me in the car for the first time
  • Going to an onsen with my host family!! (Sad bananas...) 
  • Studying really hard for a kanji quiz and making a 90 <3 Then making a 93 on my grammar quiz!! <3
  • Tokyo Tower with the family <3 It was always a dream of mine to go!
  • Hyakuen store visits <3 Gotta love em!
  • Having my legs kill me during the tea ceremony! hahahaha!
  • Having a much needed girl night with Brenna as we ate cake, taiiyaki, and takoyaki and complained about boys and talked about funny memories <3 "It was love at first....hair." Hahahaha! "Did you feel it?!" XD hahahahaha! Oh, the conversations we had that night <3 
~~~~~~~~

It's getting late and my Tokyo adventures have yet to come to a close <3 I have a feeling I'm going to come back to this blog and add more memories as they cross through my mind.

Man.....I never want to forget all the special memories that I've had. And the friends I've made..... Wow, going home is going to be a lot tougher than I thought. I mean, I always knew it was going to be tough. I knew it was going to be tough the moment I stepped foot out of that air plane. But I've learned so much and I feel like I've grown a lot as a person.............No. Scratch that. Hahahaha, if anything, I've become a lot more crazier. I mean, who sits around talking about how Mister Donut is the only man for her?! hahahaha!

But still..... It's going to be hard to leave. I just feel like I'm going to regret so much.... No, not regret the things that I've done. But regret the things that I didn't do. There's so much that I wanted to do....So many things I wanted to see.....So many more memories I wanted to make with the people special to me. With only nine days, I'm feeling like that just won't happen.

I keep thinking back on a painting I saw at Disneyland. It was of Cinderella looking out dreamily at the castle and underneath it it said, "Cinderella never gave up that her dreams of happiness would come true." Well, Japan isn't over yet and I'm not giving up <3 A lot can happen in 8 days.... Maybe I can have one more REALLY good adventure. The kind that just changes your life forever. Or....maybe I'm overthinking things hahahaha. I've already had so many lifechanging adventures here....maybe I'm just being selfish asking for more.

But we shall see. Who knows what tomorrow will bring??

But I also need to keep in mind that just because Part 1 of Japisney is coming to a close, doesn't mean the adventure is over. No, it's far from it. I get a little bit of an intermission after Japan and then it's onto Part 2--Disney World! Who knows who all I will meet? Maybe I will meet more people that will change my life forever the way Brenna, Sodany, Kitty, Adrian, Lee, and the other KCP students have?  I can only hope :)

Let's see what will happen tomorrow!! <3 Dreams of happiness could be right around the corner! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment