Monday, August 6, 2012

♪~11 Days Left~♪

So I officially have 11 days left of Japan.... But instead of brooding on the fact that Chapter 1 of my Japisney Adventure is coming to a close, I'd rather write about whats happened since Tokyo Disney.... You know....for memory sake. I don't want forget things so thats why I record everything in this blog....

~~~~

OKAY! So....a lot has happened since Disney! After all, that was close to two weeks ago hahahaha! I'm so bad about writing in this blog...ANYWAYS!

So my host family had been gone for a few days while I was at Disney. I REALLY missed them because I don't like staying alone in the house....I dunno....just kinda creepy and unnerving.

So when my host family came back from their trip to Okinawa, I was SOOOO happy too see them!! I had taken off school that Monday to recover from Disney. My body was physically exhausted and my legs just refused to move. I had completely over-did it at Disney so I was in desperate need of recuperation!

Well, that Monday night, my host family told me about their trip to Okinawa and stuff. Taiga had brought home a bunch of litter hermit crabs that he had found at the beach and brought home. He was in love with those crabs! He kept calling them his "friends" hahahaha! So cute! It almost made me feel really special that the kids were so excited to see me....<3 They brought me back some delicious sweets from Okinawa! I was so happy! (((*°▽°*)八(*°▽°*)))♪

Well, that Monday night, the kids asked me (for the upteenth time) to take a bath with them. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but in Japan, families take baths together all the time. In fact, everybody takes baths together (Lol like at the onsen) so it's pretty common. Since the twins see me as a big sister, they've been asking me from the beginning if I would take a bath with him. I've always been REALLY hesitant since I'm not used to that kind of thing and bathing with other people is kind of off-limits in America.... But apparently the last girl that lived with my host family would take a bath with the kids all the time like it was no big deal.

That night, the kids were EXTRA persistent and I felt so compelled to do so....After all, my time in Japan was running short. So with a sigh, I agreed that I'd finally take a bath with them. (ノ ̄д ̄)ノ

So after dinner, I took a bath with Taiga and Ririka......and about seven hermit crabs. 

Taiga decided he wanted to bring his cup of hermit crabs into the shower with us. He kept trying to bathe the crabs but I kept having to warn them that he was going to kill them if he wasn't careful. I also told him to be careful and not drop the cup of crabs. But he did....

Crabs went everywhere.

They were trying so desperately to escape XD They were running around like they going "RETREAT! RETREAAAAAAAT!" So Taiga and I had to scoop all of them up before they went down the drain. What a crazy turn out! Ririka just laughed and just chilled in the shower while I was freaking out.

Needless to say....the crabs all died in the morning. Poor Taiga cried over the loss of his friends.... Sad but kinda funny. hahahaha!

So bathing with the kids was definitely a strange experience =___=; hahahaha! I probably won't do it again....hahaha....

~~~~~~~~

After the crab incident, last week went by pretty quickly. Sodany and I went to Shibuya to meet Hachiko and do a little shopping on Tuesday ;) I've always wanted to see Hachiko (the famous dog statue that is the Japanese equivalent to the American story of Balto) since it's pretty well known.

We also met up with Maiko who was meeting some friends that had also studied abroad at UA last year :) It's always good to see Maiko! <3 The picture above is of us standing next to Hachiko!

After parting ways with Maiko, Sodany and I hit up a famous store in Shibuya. I couldn't help but buy a new cute top to help remember the moment. Not to mention, it was pretty cheap! Shibuya is famous for its fashion stores so I feel so happy whenever I wear my top! I just love the style of it! hahahaha! I promise I wont spend anymore money on clothes, mom (︶︹︺)

~~~~

On Wednesday, I wanted to meet up with Maiko again since she had to return to Kobe on Thursday. Kobe is REALLY far away (8 hours by bus, 3 hours by Bullet Train) and I had originally planned to visit Maiko in Kobe but it turned out to be a lot more expensive than I had bargained for.... So I was really happy I got to spend another afternoon with Maiko <3

Kitty and Adrian came with me to meet Maiko in Shinjuku and we all did Purikura together! XD The pictures came out SOOOOO cute!

I'm not gonna lie--Purikura is my guilty pleasure! I could take a thousand pictures in Purikura and still not be satisfied! I have no idea how many picture sheets I have already....hahahaha!

After Purikura, Maiko and I had dinner together and then hit up Harajuku ;D Harajuku is still one of my favorite places ever!! There's just so much to do and see! <3 We ended up looking around some shops (Body Line, of course <3) before making our way to a crepe stand. If Purikura is my number one guilty pleasure, then crepes would have to be my second. I mean, come on! Cheesecake and cream with chocolate poured all over it wrapped in a pancake! hahahah! It's heaven on Earth! (* >ω<) Im gonna miss the deliciousness of crepes.... America just doesn't have them like Japan does :( I need to learn how to make them! <3

After crepes, we decided we'd do some karaoke together ;D OMIGOSH THE DISNEY SONGS! Maiko and I totally cranked up some Tangled, Aladdin, and Little Mermaid songs!! Oh, and it wouldn't be karaoke with out the Hare Hare Yukai too <3 Oh! And Cruel Angel Thesis!! Hahahaha! It was so great!! I even got to sing "Melt" but I did such a horrible job at it XD I cannot sing as high as Miku Hatsune can!!

After Karaoke, Maiko and I decided to do Purikura again--just the two of us {・ω-*} We got some adorable shots!! It was by far my favorite Purikura yet! <3 The pictures turned out just so cute!!



It was sooooo hard saying good bye to Maiko.... We became so close at UA!! But we had a great time at Disney together and I wouldn't trade our memories for the world ^__^ Next time I come to Japan, I'm definitely gonna hit up Osaka and Kobe and visit her!! She's just one of those friends that are REALLY special! I can't wait to see her again <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Thursday was the Speech Contest. UGGGGGGGGGH!! Freaking speech contest XD Oh how you humiliate me so.... The way it worked was that each class had its own representative to get up in front of the whole school and give a speech. The rest of the members of the class had to get up on stage and perform a little dance or cheer to cheer on the speaker. The french girl, Are-chan, was our class's speaker so we had to perform the Can-Can on stage. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH IM SO EMBARASSED! >////////////< I was so out of it and so off beat XD (And thank you Brenna for recording it =_=)

The speech contest was a little bit boring in my opinion except for the fact that some of my close friends gave a speech. Nya and Lee did a wonderful job so I was cheering for them in my own seat <3 hahaha!

Honestly, I was just happy we didn't have class that day....hahahaha!

After the speech contest, a bunch of us decided to do karaoke together ^_^ Have I mentioned that I love karaoke?? Well I love karaoke. Karaoke in Japan is just AWESOME! Karaoke in America? No....it's horrible. Drunk rednecks who can't hold a note singing sad country songs in bars. In Japan? You get your own little room and you get to pick from a whole book of songs! Nobody hears you but you and your friends and you can order beverages and have as much as you want! <3 Its SOOOOO much fun! ^___^

I was a total microphone hog at karaoke LOL!! I didn't even care XD I just wanted to share my voice with the world! Lol! I bet all my friends were like "uuuuuuuuuuuugh shut her up already! She already sang like 20 songs!" hahahahahaha!! It was a good stress reliever, too! <3 Not that....I'm stressed about anything or anyone <.< >.>

But we had a great time! They even had American songs too! Of course I sang a ton of Disney <3 Part of Your World, A Whole New World, Reflection....<3 Not to mention some Kingdom Hearts ^__^ I was so happy!!

Kitty cranked up some Ricky Martin. The karaoke room we were in had maracas and tambourines. We all went Livin La Vida Loca....

Needless to say, it was HEAPS of fun! ^_^ Definitely a great memory!!
~~~~~~~~~

And then Friday happened.

Just for my own sake, I'm gonna have to keep a lot of this to myself ^_^;;;; Let's just say it was a night that I'd rather not reflect on too much. Izakaya's are NOT my friend. No more. Nope. Not for me! Bad idea! Casa Blanca was also a bad idea. But I paid for it Saturday when I was forced to lay in bed all day throwing my guts up..... Never going to Casa Blanca again.....

Seven times I threw up on Saturday. Seven. That is how sick it made me. I could have spent Saturday frolicking in the fields of Tokyo (lol what fields?) but I was sick in bed alllllllll day....

Not to mention, I lost my phone at Casa Blanca....

I didn't realize it until I got home :'( I had stupidly left it there and didn't even realize it! I even went back the next day looking for it but the workers there had no idea....

BUT! <3

On the brightside, it turns out my friend Nya had found my phone :'D You have no idea how happy I was when I heard that! Nya gave Lee my phone to give it to me today since I normally hang out with him. Only Lee wasn't at school today so I still don't have my phone ;P That ginger needs to get his little bum back to school so I can have Carl back! (I named my phone Carl...) but yayyyy! I was so worried that I had lost it or that it had gotten stolen....

I mean, my phone will stop working in two weeks. I wont be able to use it back in America... but I want to be able to reread my texts in the future <3 They hold so many memories!! It's something for me to have to look back on...^_^

But yeah <3 Like I said, super happy that Nya found it and that Lee has it! ^-^ Its not gone! yayyyy!

~~~~~~~

So Saturday was full of me being sick and laying around the house....but Sunday made up for it ^_^ I went shopping with my host family! in Ikebukuro! We went to Labi (an electronic store) and I babysat the twinsies while mom and dad went shopping for a new washing machine. I played with toy robots with Taiga at Labi and then I stumbled across a Fairy Tail keychain dispenser (ノ´▽`)ノ♪ I got Erza, Gray, and Juvia!! IM SO HAPPY!

Even in Japan, I'm all about my ships! <3 Gray and Juvia foreverrrrrrrr! ^_^

But after Labi, my host family decided they wanted to take me somewhere special <3 They asked me if I wanted to go to Odaiba to see the giant Gundam or go to Tokyo Tower ^_^ I decided to go with the Tokyo Tower since thats something I've wanted to do for a long time! Tokyo Tower is featured in many of my favorite series (Magic Knight Rayearth) and even Strange Candy! And Digimon! XD So I just HAD to see the Tokyo Tower before I left Japan <3

I'm so glad I did! ^_^ It was BEAUTIFUL! We had such a great time!

It was so cool in person! And even though I've done the Sky Tree twice, I've only seen the city lights of Tokyo at night. I had yet to see Tokyo from above during the day time! It was just so beautiful!!



I had an excellent view! I took a lot of great pictures, too! <3

After the Tokyo Tower, we came back home. On the drive back, I played with the kiddies in the backseat <3 Taiga had brought random cicada shells in the car and was trying to scare me with them...  So I ended up tickling the kids as they kept trying to scare me! Hahahaha!

I really do love those kids....I'm gonna miss them so much when I leave :( Ririka kept laying her head in my lap on the way back. They really do think of me as their big sister.... They're my little brother and sister too <3 It's gonna be so weird when I go back to America and they're not there...

But I'll deal with those sad feelings later.

~~~~~~~~~

Today was pretty uneventful at school. I found out I made a 90 on a kanji quiz and I passed my last grammar quiz....Yay me <3 With only two weeks left of school, I need to bust my butt to make sure I can get a good grade in the class!! >_<;;

After school, I ended up hanging out with Brenna =w= We had girl-time today at Shinjuku station where we ate cake, Taiiyaki, and Takoyaki XD Hahahaha! Noms FTW!! It was so lovely! <3 We've really bonded since we came to Japan :) I'm so glad I'm gonna at least have her back in Alabama with me so we can hang out all the time! Everyone else lives so far away.....it's gonna be so hard saying good bye.... But I won't think about that yet <3

My favorite quote from the night?? "It was love at first....hair??" XD Hahahaha! I love making Brenna laugh! hahahaha!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Well...that concludes last week's report! ^_^ For now, I gotta go to bed.... Only 11 days left.....why so soon?? There's still so much I wanna do....I still wanna spend time with people.... Oh, I pray that time stops for me. I want these moments to last forever...

But let's see what tomorrow brings. I still have 11 more days. A lot can happen in 11 days, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment