Friday, September 7, 2012

~*Beginning of a New Adventure--DISNEY WORLD*~

Hey everyoneeeeee! ^_^ Well....

I'M IN DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. You heard me.

I'M IN DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Those pictures pretty much sum up how I've been feelings these past few days. Hahahahaha! 

Wowwwwww!! What can I say?? It's been a real crazy adventure so far and I've only been here 3 days!!

My grandparents took me down on Monday but I didn't get to move in until Wednesday. It was a looooong drive down but my car made it with out any problems <3 We even stopped at Panama City along the way and I got to eat some good seafood before making my way down here ^_^

~~~~~~~~~

My first day of Disney was a little hectic but not too bad! I found out that I was living in Vista Way which is the really cool apartment complex for Disney College Program people. Vista Way is otherwise known as VEESTA WAYYYYYYYYYYYY by a lot of CP's. I wonder if I'll start calling Vista Way VEESTA WAYYYYY soon enough??

Well before I could move in, I had to undergo something they call Casting right off the bat when I got here. Basically they did things like a background check on me, told me where I was going to be working, made me fill out paperwork, bla bla bla..... They also told me that my hair wasn't the appropriate color for the "Disney Look" ;____; I had JUST gotten my hair done the week before! It was blonde with slight brown high lights.....nobody told me you couldn't have high lights like that. It said on the website that high lights were okay as long as they were natural. Well, I didn't think blonde and brown were considered unnatural =__=; But whatevs.... No big deal <3

Well, I found out where I'll be working ^_^ You ready for this?.....

Yep. Star Tours. The Star Wars ride in Hollywood Studios XD When I found out, I couldn't stop giggling. I'm a nerd, but I was never really into Star Wars. C.j. and JT (Cj's roomie and one of my best buddies) are IN LOVE with Star Wars so I'm TOTALLY psyched I get to rub it in their face--I mean, I'm totally excited I get to share my magical Star Tours adventures with them! hahahahaha!

This /would/ happen to me though. Getting the Star Tours ride, I mean.

I joined the Disney College Program because I love Disney and I've always wanted to be a Disney Princess. I wanted to live the fairy tale dream.

Instead, I get to be a nerd.

Figures, though! A nerdy girl like myself is doomed to live in the world of nerdiness. I can't escape it! It's my fate! I may not be a princess but maybe I'll get promoted to Chewbacca....or maybe I'll find the droids I'm looking for. Or who knows? Maybe the force will be with me! Either way, I'm going EWOK for this job! I'm going a little Jar Jar Binx in the head! (Okay, I'll stop with the puns....)

But yeah. I need to brush up on my Star Wars knowledge!! I'm actually SUPER excited about working on this ride! For one thing--it's not Dumbo. Or It's a Small World. For another, it's an indoor ride. For another another, the uniforms are kinda cute <3 Nerdy and dorky....but cute <3

I start work officially on Monday. I hope I do good >___<;;

~~~~~~~~~~

After I did Casting, I was able to move into my new apartment <3 It's pretty big! I love my new bedroom!

Here's my bed all decorated and stuff ^_^

Well, my roommates didn't come in until much later in the evening so I made myself some Mac n Cheese and watched some good ole' Korra before my roommates came home.

I met Clare first ^_^ She's from New Zealand! WOW! She is AMAZING person! We clicked right off the bat ^_^ We spent a long time chatting and getting to know eachother! She's a lifeguard so she has a pretty interesting job!! I've already had several chances to hang out with her outside of the apartment and she's a blast to be around! I'm so sad cause she's leaving in three weeks to go back to New Zealand T____T

The other girl is Arisa <3 you got it! She's from Japan! I was so excited! I probably scared her right off the bat cause I got too excited and was like "OMG YOU'RE FROM JAPAN I LOVE JAPAN I WAS IN JAPAN FOR TWO MONTHS DOUZO YOROSHIKU LETS BE FRIENDS I LOVE JAPANESE DONT YOU JUST LOVE JAPAN?!" So yeeeeeeeeeeeeah XD;; I probably scared her....Maybe I can redeem myself later and prove I'm not a weeabo? Maybe we can make Japanese food for dinner together sometime ^_^

Next up was Carolina!! Carolina is my immediate roommate and we both share the same bedroom! Wow! I can't stress how excited I am over living with this girl! She's soooooo sweet and has such a charming personality! I have a feeling we're gonna get along just great ^_^ She's from Ecuador! :D How awesome is that??

Farah is the other girl living in our apartment and I've gotten to talk to her a few times, too. She's from Chicago! I haven't gotten to meet Andrea yet but she's the other roommate (There's six of us in total divided into three bedrooms) but I hope I can meet her soon! ^_^ I lucked out incredibly by having such great roommates! This will be exciting <3

~~~~~~

Yesterday was great at first and then quickly went downhill. Vista Way was having a Welcome Pool Party so Carolina and I hit it up together yesterday <3 Got to meet some more awesome people and even got free food!! Vista Way's pool is really nice, too <3 They had games and a DJ at the party but I mostly played volley ball with a bunch of other CP's. Hahahaha! Oh, and did I mention the free food? <3 I greatly took advantage of the free hot dogs.

After the pool party, I had to get ready for the Welcome Session which was a mandatory meeting at the other apartment complex. I thought I'd be smart and take the bus! Until I took the wrong bus.....and got stuck in traffic....and got lost....and missed the meeting....

I got SOOOO worked up. I started crying on the bus because I was afraid I was going to get in trouble because I missed it....My dearest friend Destiny had to calm me down via Facebook and reassure me I was NOT going to get fired over this! hahaha! But man....it was so stressful!! Hopefully I can figure out the buses so I don't miss the SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT meeting tomorrow D:

I called the Disney people and they reassured me that missing the meeting wasn't a big deal....but that I needed to be careful and not get on the wrong bus anymore, hahaha.

Still....Yesterday really upset me. I felt really stupid and inept for already making mistakes and it was only my second day. I also tried to cheer myself up by eating chinese food but I went to a bad restraunt and the food was NASTAYYYYYYYYY. Guess I won't be going there again....

The night turned better when I hung out with Clare and Farah by playing Disney Trivia and chatting up like crazy. It was pretty fun <3

~~~~~~~~~~

Today was pretty awesome though! I went to get my hair did! XD Clare came with me to get her hair did too! Hahahaha!

The result?


Full blonde!! Kinda hard to tell in the pic...

But more importantly than hair was...

MY VERY FIRST TRIP TO HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! <3

Clare took me XD We hit up Tower of Terror right away! It was only a 10 minute wait! hahahaha! Soooooo much freakier than the one in Tokyo Disney and even more intense!! It was so much fun though! <3 My first time riding it in Disney World!

We then hit up the Rock n Roller Coaster (also a first for me!) and it was even more intense! I had a blast, though!!

We got to do some other ride about all the famous Hollywood movies (forgot the name of the ride XD) and Star Tours before it started crazy storming and we decided to call it quits.

I'm so happy I got to see Star Tours! But....the ride itself made me kinda sick from motion sickness....Hahahahah! So it wasn't a super enjoyable ride for me because of it! But I just have to work it--not ride it <3 But TOO BAD FOR YOU, MOM! I know you get sicker than I do on rides but prepare to ride this TWENTY times whenever you come visit me!! ;-p And anyone else who comes to visit me <3

But it started raining like crazy so we decided to leave and come back another day. We hit up taco bell before heading back to the apartment...<3

~~~~~~~~~~

So far, being a Disney CP is kinda awesome! Great roomies, awesome discounts, awesome job opportunity.... I haven't started work yet and I haven't done Traditions (the very important orientation tomorrow) yet but I'm sure things will start picking up a lot more. I hope I don't have anymore mental breakdowns (getting lost REALLY got to me) and I hope it becomes more and more less stressful <3 Who knows....maybe I'll even be a Star Wars fan after this?? ;D

So I leave today's post with...
I wonder what tomorrow will bring <3







1 comment:

  1. Awww...Hannah I'm so excited for you!!! And you'll have one more person to add to your list of jealous ones...my Jake. His entire room is Stars Wars themed, and he is absolutely obsessed!!! He LOVED that ride by the way when we took him last year. Awww...I hope you have the best time!! I can't wait to hear all about it, and I wish you all the best in finding your way to orientation today. XOXO!! ~Cindi

    ReplyDelete